Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

First timer - I'm lost. My backup 6280 desktop has a broken bracket that holds fan to the motherboard (over the heatsink). I'll probably never find that cheap bracket, but I cant even find a replacement fan/heatsink without the part number to search by. I bought a replacement from QUETTERLEE that looked the same but the mounting pins were 75mm apart, and my board has holes 73mm apart - wouldn't fit! There is a part out there online (HP 644724-001) but I can't tell if that one has the right 73mm spacing. I can't find a schematic for the 6280 to read the heatsink part number, nor find a seller that shows their pin spacing. It's an "old" computer, but I need her info and older systems for my work. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

https://www.google.com/search?q=hp+Pavilion+6280

do you have another reference, product number P/N of the computer?

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=644724-001

your processor, or computer is listed here?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

hi

https://www.google.com/search?q=hp+Pavilion+6280

do you have another reference, product number P/N of the computer?

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=644724-001

your processor, or computer is listed here?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

PROMETHEE- Thanks very much for the reply and the lead. The label on my p6280t says it is System # AWO12AV #ABA with a S/N MXV94701W2. I will Google the P/N HP 644724-001 as advertised from your two links and order a new one. I was leary of my earlier attempts because last week I ordered an identical "looking" heatsink, but it's attachment pins turned out to be 2mm wider than the holes they went in to the motherboard. I returned that heatsink, but didn't want to just go blindly into buying another until I knew the part number was correct, and the pins fit. Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

ok

check this :

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=MXV94701W2

p6280t

MBD-BENICIA-GL8E

Core2Quad-Q8300 2.5G Yorkfield 775 95W
5187-8413
Heat sink for Intel processors (Class F)

https://store.cwc-group.com/51878413.html

check if it doesn't look like this

⚠️  the given site is purely for informational purposes, as it can often help .
But by no means an obligation.
You can test other sites of this type, I indicate this one, because it is one of the only ones that I know which offers this, and quite serious ( or  google search )

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I ordered the heatsink/fan ETA tomorrow. I'll see if the attachment screw spacing is correct and get back to this conversation. That 2mm pin spacing discrepancy was unnerving; it LOOKED perfect! Problem is a lot of suppliers can't be contacted directly to get an accurate measurement before you buy! TG for Amazon return policy!

HP Recommended

Welllll.... the second fan/heatsink that I ordered came in and I tried to install it on the motherboard. Same as the previous one - the hole spacing for the mounting screws was about 75mm and my holes are about 72.5 +/-. Both heatsink/fans are advertised as model 644724-001 and are supposed to fit my HP Pavillion 6280t. I can't change the motherboard screw insert holes, so I need the exact spacing of 72.5 +/- between the mounting screws to make this work. I'll continue to try other vendors, but eventually Amazon/others are going to get tired of my returns!

HP Recommended

Thanks again! I've sent an email to your CDC ? link asking them for the spacing on their fan. More soon!

HP Recommended

sorry

5187-8413
Heat sink for Intel processors (Class F)

I told you to check the last link with this other reference, it seemed to match your computer

Product Number :  AW012AV#ABA

Description :  p62xx

MBD-BENICIA-GL8E ( your motherboard ?)

Core2Quad-Q8300 2.5G Yorkfield 775 95W

I did not understand that you were going to order the same
"an email to your CDC"
I don't understand what this means, but I'm a simple hp user like you!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Sorry - my fat thumbs slipped while typing. I meant to say that I sent an email to CWC-group - your second reference. That link "looked" good, so I asked them to check the spacing between the 4 attachment pins where I had my issue with mounting the heatsink to the motherboard. New Egg has also responded and they are checking their spacing. I'll get back to you when I see if either one has a solution!

HP Recommended

ok

I hope it will be positive!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.