09-05-2019 09:29 AM
@MIKEabdel, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
What model HP PC do you use?
Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Number
- Check if the Touch screen responds in BIOS screen.
- This would help us determine if this is either a software or hardware related issue, tap on F10 during a PC restart and check if you can use the touch feature to select options outside windows.
- If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware malfunction.
- If it works, download the Touchscreen Firmware from the HP website.
- Also, Update BIOS, click here
- Alternatively, Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics, follow step 5 from this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee