Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

new hp pavillion aio fan is revving up and down non-stop

hp pavillion aio 23.8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i purchased a new hp pavillion aio today. after setting it up, the fan is constantly revving and slowing down non stop. i have updated windows and hp software, but nothing is stopping it.  sorry, i am not very tech savvy.  but i would like to try and solve it before trying to return it.  this computer is 1 hour out of the box.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,744 19,387 1,621 2,690
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

new hp pavillion aio fan is revving up and down non-stop

@ecall Welcome to HP Community!

I must let you know that the fan is system managed and cannot be manually controlled by users, it runs when it has to, and is completely normal for it to run constantly, that said, if it's noisy, or in anyway interrupting your work, please try the below steps to tweak basic settings that affect the way the fan works:

1. Turn on the computer.

2. In Windows, search for and open Control panel.

3. In the Control Panel search field, type power options, and then select Power Options from the list.

Selecting Power Options

4. Click Change plan settings.

Changing  the plan settings

5. Click Change advanced power settings.

Clicking Change advanced power settings

6. Click the drop-down menu, and then select Power saver.

Example of the power saver option in Windows 10

7. Select Sleep from the list, and then click Sleep after and Hibernate after to open each setting.

NOTE: 

Sleep mode places the computer in a power-saving mode that does not close any open applications, while Hibernation modesaves any work in open applications, and then turns the computer off.

Clicking the Sleep after and Hibernate after settings

8. Decrease the amount of time for each setting to reduce unnecessary strain on the fans when the computer is not being used.

9. Click OK to save the changes.

10. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, check for a BIOS update from HP.

CAUTION: 

Make sure you install the BIOS update for your specific computer model. Installing the wrong update can result in losing all computer functionality.

1. Go to Software and Drivers Downloads, and then navigate to the product page for your computer.

2. Locate BIOS in the list.

• If the option is not available, the BIOS is up-to-date.

• If the option is available, click BIOS, and then click Download next to the update. Follow the on-screen prompts, and then restart the computer. For more information, go to Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System).

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation