Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G2 mini 35W

Because of staging hundreds of 800G2 mini, I need a solution for upgrading BIOS "offline" and reconfigure BIOS, before staging. Are there any tools from HP (like "iflash" from intel) to do this?

BIOS Version (N21) 00.02.05 Rev.A 2 Dez 2015 

"BiosConfigUtility64.exe" does not work, because of no installed Windows.

"dosflash" does not work because the BIOS is UEFI

"repsetup.exe" does not work for reconfiguration because the BIOS is UEFI

Thanks for your answer!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Why not temporarily install a small hard drive and put a windows OS on it.

Once you have done that you can update the BIOS, remove the hard drive and put it in the next one you need to update the BIOS on.

Considering you said you are staging hundreds of PCs this would seem to be an appropriate method.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer.
for installing a SSD or HDD i have to open the client. this needs time...

if there is no tool in DOS mode, my other solution is to make a WinPE USB-Boot-Stick and do it that way.

But the BIOS update and reconfiguration (and also write down the MAC-Adress for the staging) needs lot of time and reboots.

I have to minimize the time for "preparation" (BIOS-update and configuration, etc....)

Thanks anyway for your answer.

HP Recommended

I like the original solution - install a HD, but you do realize (2016!!!), you can plug in a USB drive and boot from that???

Or heck, boot up a UBCD from DVD and run the BIOS update from that (assuming you've included the BIOS update when creating the DVD:

http://download.cnet.com/UBCD4Win/3000-2086_4-10550208.html

You could also pull the BIOS from a network share or from USB thumbdrive.   Or create UBCD on 5 thumbdrives and boot 5 PCs at the same time, update their BIOS, etc.    So many possibilities - no need to "install" a HD to boot the system!

~Bond.  James.  007.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.