cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mad4567
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

only have headphone jack in front; no audio jack in back for 2nd set of speakers

HP Recommended
HP pavilion all-in-one 24b016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This computer only has one audio jack (in front, same jack for headphones).  I  have speakers plugged into that jack, and now I want to add 2nd set of speakers to the back.  Lots of input things, but no audio jack!  are any of those inputs for audio and I just need some sort of adapter?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,980 24,631 2,874 10,650
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mad4567 , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-24-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/10734614/model...

It you look at the section titled "I/O Ports/Back I/O ports" it shows what they do.  There are no audio ports available.

The power supply for the computer is only 120W.  This doesn't allow for a lot of additional upgrades.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
toysareforboys
Level 3
27 24 5 9
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you want to connect two sets of speakers I recommend you plug a USB sound card into one of the USB ports on the back of your computer!

dual output headphone usb audio card.jpg

The cheapest one I would recommend is "USB Virtual 7.1 Channel Sound Card Adapter BENGOO External Audio Adapter Stereo Sound Card Converter with 3.5mm Aux for Gaming Headset Earphone Laptop Desktop Windows Mac OS Linux, PS4, Plug and Play" for $15CDN/$12US on Amazon. If you look closely at that adapter you can see it has output jacks for TWO sets of headphones. You can plug headphones or amplified speakers into those 3.5mm headphone jacks. If connecting speakers (and not headphones) be sure to turn off the 7.1 audio button otherwise it will distort the sound.

If you're running short of available USB ports and you don't mind spending double then check out on Amazon the "External USB Stereo Sound Card with Adjustable Volume, PHOINIKAS 6-in-One USB Hubs with 7.1 Surround Sound Audio Adapter, with 3.5 mm Headphone and Microphone Jack, for Windows, Mac, PC, Laptops, Desktops, PS4 Computer". It has dual speaker jacks AND a 3 port USB hub (for mouse/keyboard/slow or low power devices).

dual headphone with usb hub.jpg

Good luck with your dual speaker setup!

-Jamie M.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation