Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Redrose0528,

"The computer starts, but the monitor is blank or unresponsive" this is the closest I can fine there, but in my case I do not receive any kind of error.

I just tried booting it up but this time, it was okay at first, log on -> desktop, but after awhile the screen just when blank, and and power button has no light.

I tried powering it on again after that but the orange power button and nothing is on my screen again

Thank you for willingly helping me
HP Recommended

Ahmadhilmiaris,

When the screen went blank did you see a message saying “monitor is going to sleep” on the screen? 

By chance do you have another monitor available to connect the computer to? 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Redrose0528,

Sorry for the late reply.

Eh'm I didn't see any message but the power button of my CPU monitor and speaker seems to be off at the same time.

No I don't have any other monitor.

HP Recommended

Ahmadhilmiaris,

I would like you to do another hard reset.

1.       Remove all cables and connections from the computer including the power cord

2.       Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds

3.       Just reconnect the mouse, keyboard, monitor, and power only

When that is done turn the computer on and tap the F10 key to see if you can access the BIOS menu.  If you are able to access the BiOS menu under the file category toggle down to apply defaults and exit. Which should then remove you from the menu.

See if you able to access the desktop without the computer shutting off.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Redrose0528,

I went to bios and apply default and exit, unfortunately after booting up for fifteen minutes my computer shut down.

Sorry for the late reply
HP Recommended

Ahmandhilmiaris,

After it went off, did the light around the power button go to orange or did it go completely off?

Thanks

HP Recommended
Redrose0528,

It went completely off 😞
HP Recommended

Ahmadhilmiaris,

Do you have the computer plugged directly into a wall socket or into a surge protector?

Thanks

HP Recommended
RedRose0528,

Not the wall socket but the extension plug..

Thank you for your constant help
HP Recommended

Ahmadhilmiaris,

Is it possible for you  to plug it into a different socket and then test it out? If you can please try that.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.