Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 570-p047
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im looking to get my father an optane module for his new computer. It is the pavilion 570-p047. From what I can find it has an H270 chipset and nvme support so I do not see why not but cannot verify. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

this system has a Lubin motherboard that has a M.2 slot for a 2280 format SSD if you have no current SSD then installing one will be a better choice than a optane module

and if you do have a SSD installed then a optane module will not really give you much since your system appears to have 16gb ram allready

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05502837

HP Recommended

I'm no expert but the way I understand it is that most of the advantage of an SSD comes from the OS system files being quick access and I dont know if he would be comfortable moving his installation from one drive to another. My goal is to speed up his computer without adding extra maintenance, like periodically moving files from the SSD to the HDD to ensure that it does not overfill. I am not against the idea but I am still leaning toward optane as the simplest solution from an end user stand point, but counter view points are most

definitely welcome. Thank you for your input

HP Recommended

a ssd is much much faster than a mech drive and is the one single thing that will make the system seem more responsive/faster

cloning a existing drive to a new SSD is rather easy and quickly done (clonezilla is one such program) if you buy a retail SSD, they usually include such a imaging program and the simple directions on how to do this

use google with" clone HD to SSD" and you will locate numerous links showing how easy it is

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.