Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
envy TE01-015xt cto
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to upgrade to a nvidea graphics card GeForce 970 and need a larger PS. will the Rother 8653 take a 600w ps?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RONNO2227 , welcome to the forum.

Please provide the Product Number of your computer.  I can't find the model that you listed.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@RONNO2227,

Your missing a number, maybe 0150xt ? As the 0150xt is a CTO, (Configure to Order), you should specify the CPU chip, motherboard RAM, and all internal storage devices.

Anyway, the HP TE01 is a series number.  These units utilize an HP proprietary designed PSU, the max being the 500W part # L05757-800.  Look at my spreadsheet.   Before you leap, please restate the model #.  Is there a game title your trying to play ?  Successful gaming is a combination of CPU chip, motherboard RAM, GPU card and its RAM, all power by a PSU.  Another factor has now entered the arena, and it is called NVMe SSD  vs hard drive. An NVMe can typically be 5+ times faster than a hard drive.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.