Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP desktop 65M01-F1004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking to upgrade power supply to 400w psu  any recommendations please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

why ? no and goal for new bigger PSU, GAMING DREAMS?😎

good luck there, most HP PCs  are non ATX spec PSU, only a few PC are at HP.  I have list (tiny)

HP has matrix page showing some PCs and all PSU they made but does not cover newer PCs. sadly.  posted here vast  times.

and does not list your F1004. 

came with 180watt (useless for any serious GPU upgrades if that is a goal?

not sure what 65 means me sorry.

HP desktop M01-F1004na (yes?)

what I do is look, (eyes inside)

looking counts for 99% success (but not if PSU has non ATX wired PSU and with BIOS fan controls to same or more oddness)

99% list of rules. (mine and mine alone decades of doing this back to 1981 and on micros before that to 70s.

• PSU case size now,   not ATX  a rule in 1min work.   (real ATX psu is 6.1" wide and does not fit this PC)
  • see all PSU cables, see just 2 or 3, this is NON ATX PSU,  (one glance and)
  • see that funny 3 cable 7 pins , oops non ATX again. ( I see this in yours, oops)
  • see no 4 pin PSU cable but is 6 or 8  not ATX
  • see no 24pin PSU cable and see ony 8 pins;./

the one PSU I can see (photos) show me clears day all the above  visual tests fails.

just 3 cables and is not ATX spec at all. (alien it is) a SECRET TOO.

6.1" wide PC with tiny PSU. why easy

ATX real PSU is  150mm wide (5.9") by 86mm Tall (3.4") and depth of 140 to 240mm (5.5" to 9.0") 

fitting 5.9 PSU in any 5.9"(Outside case) is impossible so uses non spec PSU and none of these either...

here they all are, but HP is blind to the spec. on most they make.

1% answer some HP PCs we can use a ATX to HP adapter cable,  and is tricky. done many, on hp and dell.

and worst of all ,HP does not spec out there PSU's,  zero facts , just p./n and if luckly one photo of it  and the service manuals at HP pretend that covering PSU removal and replacement is never done or wanted. (super odd this)

I like my z600 but if PSU burns up I will deep six it. (super alien PSU here too) (and fast PC with 2 CPU)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.