Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp power supply model API3PCB4

Hello i am making  a bench power supply out off a old power supply but it do not know the wiring and i can not find the wiring digram please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Tom, welcome to the forum.

I couldn't find any wiring diagram for the PSU.  However, here is a guide to all of the connectors that are commonly used.  This may help you identify them on the your PSU.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

I think that is potentialy dangerous, applying the wrong voltage could cause components to overheat and emit toxic smoke/chemicals and even explode.

HP Recommended

Tom, welcome to the forum.

I couldn't find any wiring diagram for the PSU.  However, here is a guide to all of the connectors that are commonly used.  This may help you identify them on the your PSU.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

i am aware of the dangers and i do have an advanced background in electrnoics.

HP Recommended

Our problem with helping on the Forums is, we have no way of knowing the level of experience that the requesting members have.  So, @doughjohn wanted to make certain that you knew his concerns.  With that knowledge you need to become an Expert on the Forums. :Wink:  We can use all of the help that we can get.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.