Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp ENVY Desktop 750-424
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What whould be a good power supply up grade for a GTX 1080 ti graphic card

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Grzwacz,

Thanks for the mention.  Much appreciated.  As you said, it would need a 600W PSU.  It is a standard ATX PSU model, so the Corsair CX600 would be an ideal fit. The massive GTX 1080Ti is a monster, cards being 10.5-11.8 inches in length. That exceeds your motherboard. Doubtful you have extended depth beyond the board.

@FadeToBlack001,

Now your bouncing to the GTX 1080Ti.   But I am pondering why your flip-flop on cards.  You seriously need to state why you want to upgrade?  You should also make a cardboard template the exact dimensions (height and length) and insert such along the PCIEx16 slot. There are no standards for height or length of video cards.  Zotac does make a GTX 1080 Mini that might fit, but again make a cardboard template.  I know it's not a "Ti"  model.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Wb2001 has already suggested you purchase a smaller Nvidia 1050 because of possible chassis limitations.

The minimum recommended power supply to run a 1080 Ti is 600 watts.

Seasonic, Corsair, EVGA, and other power supplies are available which have the required supplemental PCIe connections (you need a six and an eight pin connection to the graphics card). HP uses 600 watt power supplies in some systems. You might be able to find a compatible 600 watt power supply using HP PartSurfer.

Can you fit a 1080 Ti in your PC's Micro ATX chassis?

The minimum 1080 Ti length I have seen is around 10.5 inches. I have a 1080 installed in a mid-tower chassis. This card is 11.73 inches in length.

You will have to verify the dimensions of a typical 600 watt power supply will also fit in your PC's chassis.

Tom

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz,

Thanks for the mention.  Much appreciated.  As you said, it would need a 600W PSU.  It is a standard ATX PSU model, so the Corsair CX600 would be an ideal fit. The massive GTX 1080Ti is a monster, cards being 10.5-11.8 inches in length. That exceeds your motherboard. Doubtful you have extended depth beyond the board.

@FadeToBlack001,

Now your bouncing to the GTX 1080Ti.   But I am pondering why your flip-flop on cards.  You seriously need to state why you want to upgrade?  You should also make a cardboard template the exact dimensions (height and length) and insert such along the PCIEx16 slot. There are no standards for height or length of video cards.  Zotac does make a GTX 1080 Mini that might fit, but again make a cardboard template.  I know it's not a "Ti"  model.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.