cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
mcaldas
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

pretty annoying humming sound (which I assume is the fan). all in one DF0167c

HP Recommended
All in one DF0167c
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

there is a pretty annoying humming sound (which I assume is the fan). I did all update recommended by HP (Bios etc) and the problem persist. 

1 REPLY 1
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,058 40 105
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no fan made last forever.

first we  clean it,  if lint packs up on any fan it goes out of balance and makes NOISE.

so we clean all vents in all PC, the all fans,  well the whole insides , any shop knows all this and what to do.

if after cleaning a fan makes noise or just lose we tighten screws to make not make noise, if fan is bad with bad bearings ,and all bearing do fail, they go loose and well make a racket, seen this for over 52 years to now, on the job.

if PC has HDD it spins too and if bad can and will makes noise.

there is a normal noise,  all air cooled PCs make normal noise, and more at 80C plus , ALL DO of overheating that is the job of fans. to get the heat out of  the PC and not ALLOW it to overheat.

what we do is find the source of noise first , even using a cheap $5 stethscope  and after cleaning all lint out first.

we USE 30psi shop air to blow out any PC,  or "walmart "CAN-O_AIR" in the PC dept, there.  blow out dist first.

the PC will last longer kept lint free, for sure !

noise can be found to with moms near thrown away , paper towel tube,  held to ear, case off find the SOURCE.

first. (if plastics junk inside  makes noise or tin,  push parts with finger to see noise end. even bad HDD can make tin and plastic things inside vibrate, the HDD is bad not the tin vibrating in most cases.

NO warranty answers by me.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation