Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite Dragonfly
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community,

I would like to know which processors are suitable / compatible to be installed on my motherboard HP 861F. And eventually which step I need to follow not to make any mistake.

Thanks a lot!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

HP Elite Dragonfly Notebook PC Product Specifications

Intel® Core™ i7-8565U with Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)

HP Elite Dragonfly Notebook PC Specifications

the best here

Intel Core i7-8665U vPro
1.9 GHz base frequency
Up to 4.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores
Supports Intel vPro Technology
Intel UHD Graphics 620

For full Intel vPro functionality, Windows, a vPro-supported processor, vPro-enabled chipset, vPro-enabled WLAN card and discrete TPM 2.0 are required. Some functionality of the vPro technology - such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology require additional 3rd party software in order to run.

Illustrated Parts

Maintenance & Service Guide

check well but according to these documents, you can not replace it, it would be necessary to replace the motherboard
For the little improvement it has to bring, it is not worth it for me to change everything, if it is possible!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

and for a laptop:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello again community!

My laptop is a Hp elitebook dragonfly

Product number: 8MK85EA#ABZ

[personal information removed]

Could you please help me in order to see which processors are compatible/suitable for my motherboard, and what I can do to replace it?

HP Recommended

hi

HP Elite Dragonfly Notebook PC Product Specifications

Intel® Core™ i7-8565U with Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)

HP Elite Dragonfly Notebook PC Specifications

the best here

Intel Core i7-8665U vPro
1.9 GHz base frequency
Up to 4.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores
Supports Intel vPro Technology
Intel UHD Graphics 620

For full Intel vPro functionality, Windows, a vPro-supported processor, vPro-enabled chipset, vPro-enabled WLAN card and discrete TPM 2.0 are required. Some functionality of the vPro technology - such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology require additional 3rd party software in order to run.

Illustrated Parts

Maintenance & Service Guide

check well but according to these documents, you can not replace it, it would be necessary to replace the motherboard
For the little improvement it has to bring, it is not worth it for me to change everything, if it is possible!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.