Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I was trying to see just how much ram my computer can take and what is the exact type that I should use 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dhouser1 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

HP PAVILION HPE h8-1234

desktop Pc

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Dhouser1!

Here is the Product Specifications page for your computer.  If you look at the section titled "Memory/Memory upgrade information" it states that the maximum memory is 32 GB.  Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  You may have to remove the current memory if the new memory is not compatible.

I suggest that you use CPU-Z to find the manufacturer and timings for the current memory.  Once you have this information you can contact the manufacturer of the new memory that you choose to see if it is compatible.  Since the motherboard has "Dual channel memory architecture" it is best to install new memory in matching pairs.  This will give you the best performance.

Another way to boost your system performance would be to install a SSD boot drive.  On the page that I provided from Crucial they have a list of SSD's that are compatible with your motherboard.  You can either replace your HDD or add the SSD in another drive bay and use the HDD for storage.  If you do this you should connect the SSD to SATA port #1, which is where your HDD is currently connected.  Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that explains how to transition from your HDD to a SSD.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.