Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)

replace graphic card in HP omni 27

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I thought it was impossible to install a discrete graphics card inside a HP omni 27 because the fan pipes get in the way! Please can you shed some light onto this?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: replace graphic card in HP omni 27

Hi,

Please let us know what is your HP omni 27 ? It must be HP omni 27-xxxx .

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (95 Views)

Re: replace graphic card in HP omni 27

Hi,

I own a HP Omni 27-1015t  with a GeForce GT 540M card.  Unfortenuately, I am not able to install windows 10 due to compatilibity issues.

After contacting HP support some months ago, I finally got around to removing the card today (as they suggested), but when I switch on the computer again, the display is blank.

Is there anything outside of removing the card I need to do for the mother board graphics to kick in?  Only thing HP support suggested was to remove the card, install win10 and then put the card back into the computer (it should be win10 compatible).  I did try to install win10 with the card in, but was not able to get the correct graphics.

Hoping for some good tip here.  Thank you.

Regards

Are

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation