Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
simplesave portable hard drive
macOS 10.14 Mojave

When i plug the drive into my computer, the drive will boot up, but will not be able to connect to my computer, I have tried a differenct cord, different OS and different usb drives. when i try to find the device, the SN and the PN do not show up in the HP DB, the model number does not show up. Is there anything I can do to fix this? or is the data a lost cause?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cbert18 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I suggest you follow the guidelines under HP FAQs Page 2: Click here for details, if nothing works, I suggest you run a hardware test on the device to identify any errors, 

For advanced diagnosis, I suggest you also check if this device works on a USB 2.0 and 3.0 port after reformatting it, since you've done everything else, let me know if its not detected for reformat as well, check under disk management.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.