Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-ba051wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

product no - Y0H39UA#ABA

image.jpg

image.jpg

So I have a 1TB hard drive but as you can see the max it has is around 110gb. I formatted the 😧 drive because it seem to be the main storage drive. I tried to do the troubleshooting on the page in the forums. 

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c00035518

This one to be exact and it didn’t work at all I could even click a lot extra space. I didn’t wanna format the other drive and mess my system up because for one I don’t know which drive hold the main storage for the laptop. Like I wasn’t sure if it was suppose to be C: , 😧 or E: but I really doubt it’s E: so I came here for help. 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi

Please remove the serial number from your post.

HP Recommended

Hi

Optional Solid-state drive, 128-GB, M.2, for use in HP Notebook PC models827560-02 ???

You have had the PC for how long? 

HP Recommended

Hi

Of course if you actually have a 

Description : HP PAVILION DV5243EU NOTEBOOK PC

with a

Drive

-N/A-
 418583-001100GB hard drive - 4,200RPM, 2.5in width, 9.5mm height (Pavilion)
NO LONGER SUPPLIED
   COMPLY_2.03

-N/A-
 430856-001DVD±RW optical drive - 16X speed, dual format, dual layer (Pavilion)
NO LONGER SUPPLIED
   COMPLY_2.03

spec then all is explained.

HP Recommended

This upcoming Black Friday will make it two years I’ve had it. 

HP Recommended

@Lilwolf,
Actually, the product number you specified, Y0H39UA, does reflect a 1TB hard drive.

I have no answer for the HD swap. Did you have some work done in the past 2 years of ownership.

The model HP NOTEBOOK - 15-BA051WM with product number Y0H39UA is listed here.

@Lil_Boy_Blue,

The dv5243eu is an XP based circa 2011, with 250GB HD.  Please do not confuse the OP.

He said it was purchased in the last 2 years.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Yes I just did a system recovery from a flash drive like a week ago and I went to install origin and noticed I had no space on the hard drive. 

HP Recommended

@Lilwolf 

Carefully follow these instructions, but do not make any changes.  Just report back what you see.

Is there an unallocated partition  on DISK0.

Open Administrative Tools

Click to open Computer Management.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

Your boot drive will show up a Disk0.

What are the partitions?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@wb2001 wrote:

@Lilwolf 

Carefully follow these instructions, but do not make any changes.  Just report back what you see.

Is there an unallocated partition  on DISK0.

Open Administrative Tools

Click to open Computer Management.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

Your boot drive will show up a Disk0.

What are the partitions?

hd.pngyes it does 

HP Recommended

I also have a recovery set up to go back to how i had it when i first got it would that do any good? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.