Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TP01-0020nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The BIOS Update sp104434.exe released on 2020/06/12The BIOS Update sp104434.exe released on 2020/06/12Fails to upgrade previous oneFails to upgrade previous one

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@MaxPlayRA I must let you know that the updates are only released to either fix/repair an earlier version or to make changes to it,

If there's no requirement of any change, there wouldn't be a release, that said, is there any specific reason you wish to update?

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you inform me that updates are released to either fix/repair or make changes to earlier version, which is precisely the meaning of updating? Thanks for this very useful Tip! Did you also ask me if I have specific reasons for an alleged desire or need to update BIOS? Actually you should explain why HP publishes this BIOS update on June 12, 2020, because I found it on your official Support web page dedicated to the updates of my HP desktop TP01-0020nl, because the file available fails to update current F.11 to new version F.22, and It fails advising that F.22 is older than F.11, which is absurd!! A Smart Question is: why did you release sp104434.exe in my Desktop Support web page??

Annotazione 2020-07-13 040506.jpg

HP Recommended

@MaxPlayRA Sarcasm is the ugly cousin of anger, and I understand this could be frustrating, but I'm just here to help you, that said, updates released on the HP support page is not for your specific computer or serial number, but for the entire series, which means, it isn't for your device alone, it could be for another model.

So, if you don't need the update, as everything is working fine on your device, it's safe to skip it.

I hope that helps!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As you can verify in my list of HP Desktops purchased & registered in the last 15 years, at least 5 HP Desktops,  it's first time I found a BIOS update of a specific ROM series (in this case 8643) published by HP on dedicated Model Support Page, but should be ignored because is not concerning that model despite BIOS ROM SID is the exactly the one to whom that update is dedicated!

sp104434 does not fail warning that is not dedicated to my Desktop, it fails warning that current F.11 BIOS is more updated than F.22.

Finally, lately 50% of BIOS updates are not released to improve PC performances or to solve functional issues, but to fix vulnerabilities that user discovers only after being attacked, .so I don't understand why you keep asking me if I need to update the BIOS ... from a functional point of view, today I can say NO, but if next month I'll be attacked by hacker who exploit a BIOS vulnerability that currently I don't know, today's right answer should be YES.

Anyway, I am not convinced by your explanations: if HP releases an update for a family ROM SID, all that family PCs should update to this new version, because vice versa users cannot establish if PC are updated to latest BIOS version.

Users buying TP01-0020nl today, after checking the HP Model support page understand that working BIOS is not updated to F.22, but HP provides an update software with bugs.

HP Recommended

This screenshot clarifies why your explanations do not convince me ....Let me know to which specific model sp104434 is dedicated .... but meanwhile I'd prefer HP IT technicals going to check that exe file, because I'm convinced that there's an error.

Annotazione 2020-07-15 000548.jpg

HP Recommended

@MaxPlayRA ,

To find the correct BIOS update, get the computer product name and number, the motherboard or system board ID (referred to as the 'ROM Family SSID' in the BIOS update name), and the BIOS version.

1. Press and hold the Ctrl and Alt keys, and then press the S key to open the utility.

HP System Information window

2. Write down the Product name and number, Motherboard ID, BIOS version, and Processor name.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I have a  HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0810no with a ERICA_ERICA 2 Motherboard and that should mean SSID: 8643.

After the announced BIOS update my BIOS became corrupt using the support assistant.

I made a USB recovery stick and followed the procedure that hp suggested (you guys should really read them yourselves for better unerstanding our issues, they don't match Desktop pc:s) but it didn't work obviously.

My motherboard doesn't follow HP protocol. It recognises though my pendrive by showing on the screen that it will update my BIOS and then restarting.
For some seconds the PC does some reading on the pendrive but then nothing. Also nothing on the screen either alltough my monitor does feel that the HDMI is activated but no signal. 
Is there a major fault with the present BIOS update??

My newly bought pc is now useless, still got warranty though...

HP Recommended

@Grevens,

I recommend you contact to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear The_Fosette,

Thank's for your reply! I understand that you are not a mind reader but let me inform you that the reason I went to this forum is that I already contacted HP support the ways that you suggest, The chat person kindly provided me the BIOS-recovery files and also told me that if it didn't work I am basically screwed and has to ship my PC to service.

Alltough i have a warranty from HP it seems that I need to pay for troubleshooting and other fees.
This I belive is a bad option though th MB is not the high end type.
The telephone option is at present, HP to phone me and that was three days ago.

So what I need from you is:
the correct (not the one on support page) procedure to recover the BIOS on a HP motherboard stamped ERICA_ERICA2 REV: A
the correct file names and USB folder structure needed for the recovery.
a link to where I can obtain theese files
So you see that I think that HP support provided me the wrong recovery files wich was by the way not the same package that you can download from the support page, or that I need to to some further steps to recover the BIOS that is not presented at the support page.

So please Mr/Ms The_Fosette
Can you help me with this?

BR
Grevens

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.