Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f1009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi the computer is brand new and the fan is constantly running and making a whirring sound.

This much louder than my laptop and is driving me mad.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nlcar Welcome to HP Community!

I have a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

Step 1: Adjust the computer power settings

Adjust the power settings to decrease power consumption, which can help the fans maintain an optimal internal temperature up to 30° C (86° F).

1. Turn on the computer.

2. In Windows, search for and open Control panel.

3. In the Control Panel search field, type power options, and then select Power Options from the list.

Selecting Power Options

4. Click Change plan settings.

Changing  the plan settings

5. Click Change advanced power settings.

Clicking Change advanced power settings

6. Click the drop-down menu, and then select Power saver.

Example of the power saver option in Windows 10

7. Select Sleep from the list, and then click Sleep after and Hibernate after to open each setting.

NOTE: 

Sleep mode places the computer in a power-saving mode that does not close any open applications, while Hibernation mode saves any work in open applications, and then turns the computer off.

Clicking the Sleep after and Hibernate after settings

8. Decrease the amount of time for each setting to reduce unnecessary strain on the fans when the computer is not being used.

9. Click OK to save the changes.

10. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.