Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
compaq 100 desktop - 100 330nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

Usb has been desactivated in the bios, and when computer reboot, we can't use keyboard and mouse.

We try to take out the battery, to remove the jumper and to put it again, but nothing works.
I downloaded the update of the bios (https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/drivers/selfservice/compaq-100-300-desktop-pc-series/6879081/model/7233...), it is an exe, and when I open it I don't have the option to make a boot on cd.

Do you know how to convert an exe on Iso ? or do you have any solution to fix my problem ?

Thanks by advance for you help

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Salut

you tried exactly this ?

Clearing the CMOS settings

This motherboard has a jumper to clear the CMOS RAM.
  1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
  2. Move the jumper to from pins 1 and 3 (default) to pins 3 and 5, then move the jumper back to default.
  3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/product/compaq-100-300-desktop-pc-series/6879081/model/7233150/document...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it is exactly what I have done 😉

HP Recommended

We will have to say more ...
If this has been done correctly, the bios parameters must be reconfigured at the outset, therefore the usb active!
Have you manually disabled the usb ports, or do you think it doesn't work anymore because they are disabled in the bios?
Unfortunately you have to update the bios, with the solutions available!

Mise à jour du BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Someone has been in the bios and desactivated usb through it manually.

I would like to flash the bios with an iso recorded on cd to boot with it ? 

I can't do the way they say on the link you sent cause it says to use keyboard and I can't 😉

HP Recommended

@gilogie  it seems compromised to me:

In some cases the automatic BIOS recovery fails because of corrupted Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) data. The CMOS stores BIOS settings. You can reset the CMOS and recover the BIOS.

Use the CMOS reset steps from the motherboard specifications to reset the CMOS and recover the BIOS.
  1. Turn off the computer, and then unplug the power cable from the desktop.
  2. Press the Power button 10 times to fully discharge electricity from the system.
  3. Open the computer to gain access to the motherboard.
  4. Follow the CMOS reset steps for your computer model.
  5. Re-assemble the computer.
  6. Plug in the power cable to the desktop, and then turn on the computer. The computer resets and allows access to the BIOS.
    A message displays confirming the CMOS is reset. The message on your computer might vary.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/compaq-100-300-desktop-pc-series/6879081/document/c04126730

moreover i have checked, are you sure you have the bios?
the motherboard :

Motherboard Specifications (Greenwood)

• HP/Compaq name: Greenwood
  • SSID: 2AE4

what is available:

Mise à jour du BIOS pour ordinateur de bureau HP grand public (ROM SSID 2AFB)

Mise à jour du BIOS pour ordinateur de bureau HP grand public (ROM SSID 2B18)

Mise à jour du BIOS pour ordinateur de bureau HP grand public (ROM SSID 2AFE/2B05)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

HI,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have done again the cmos reset but nothing happened.

And actually, I am quite surprise that at the start there is nothing saying that I can access to the bios. The first screen is the "Q" (for compaw, and then I can read a sentence saying "error : there is no boot disk detected or disk is defective". And that's right there is no hard disque insite. The original one has been formated to be used. But nothing about bios !!

I sill would like to flash the bios. But when I download the programm on this page https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/compaq-100-300-desktop-pc-series/6879081/model/7233...

I can unzip, but I don"t have the choice of make it bootable ! 
or when I follow the step I should see this. 

image_2020-12-03_115012.png

When I click on the exe, it does install directly on my computer 😞 As I can not make it bootable with usb, I wanted to try with a cd. How can I do ?

Thanks for your time

Edit : as it seems that pictures cannot be viewed, here is the link at step 9 : https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c02723595 

HP Recommended

As I told you, the bios is obviously not available, you can not check it (ssid) ...

For me, there may be something else, because if we follow what is mentioned, the bios must return to the default settings! So, there I can not offer anything more!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Oh, I see 😞
Do you think that it would be worth it to change the bios ?

image_2020-12-03_190110.png

HP Recommended

what do you mean change the bios?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.