Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Envy 700-430qe
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade my power supply because this computer came with a 460w.  I just purchased a new graphic card that requires 500w minimum and I'm looking at a Thermaltake Smart Pro 750w PUS 80 Bronze Fully Modular Power supply.  This power supply comes without the cables attached.  It come with the connectors on the back and then the plugs that can be plugged into it (to reduce the ugly mass amount of ugly color coded cables from the current power supply and only use the cables it needs).  Will this power supply fit in this case and is compatible with it?  I don't like not having at least the mininum amount of power my graphic card needs.

Can my motherboard work with this power supply or should I finally give up and buy yet another computer, maybe one that doesn't limit everyone to what they can put into their system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes. It will fit.

This was discussed two years ago in an earlier thread.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-Power-Supply-amp-Grap...

Frankly speaking, I would get a more highly regard power supply brand, like Corsair. Take a look at their Builder series brand. Thermaltake is a  second tier brand.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes. It will fit.

This was discussed two years ago in an earlier thread.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-Power-Supply-amp-Grap...

Frankly speaking, I would get a more highly regard power supply brand, like Corsair. Take a look at their Builder series brand. Thermaltake is a  second tier brand.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Erico. :TongueOut:

HP Recommended

@ramirezi

You're  welcome!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.