Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion IQ500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I find the upgrade limit of my All-in-One. I am new at this and my system is over ten years old. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Donivan1!  Thank you for the additional information.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the AIO.  There simply isn't any upgrades that would improve the system performance.  The Processor is very weak and the upgrades won't do much.  The memory is at the maximum of 4 GB.  There is no PCIe slot for a video card.  Frankly, a computer is only as good as its weakest component.  The weakest component in your AIO is the motherboard.  HP no longer provides software and driver updates for it.

I suggest that you save your money and buy a new computer.  The least expensive computer on the market is light-years faster than yours.  When you decide what you are going to do I would be glad to give you recommendations on a new computer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Donivan1 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

The product #  NC701AA-ABA

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Donivan1!  Thank you for the additional information.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the AIO.  There simply isn't any upgrades that would improve the system performance.  The Processor is very weak and the upgrades won't do much.  The memory is at the maximum of 4 GB.  There is no PCIe slot for a video card.  Frankly, a computer is only as good as its weakest component.  The weakest component in your AIO is the motherboard.  HP no longer provides software and driver updates for it.

I suggest that you save your money and buy a new computer.  The least expensive computer on the market is light-years faster than yours.  When you decide what you are going to do I would be glad to give you recommendations on a new computer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I wanted to check if I could get some more life out of it. I'll upgrade and downsize to a laptop.

I don't game. I will need it for productivity, perusing sites, shopping, teaching online( I am a teacher), streaming, and plays well with others. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

@Donivan1 

A laptop will be great for what you want to do with it.  If you give me an  amount that you want to spend, I will find one that will meet your needs.  A business model would probably be best.  Here is an example of what I believe would be good: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-elitebook-850-g7-notebook-pc-p-1c9h7ut-aba-1?jumpid=ma__product-ti...

It is out of stock, but if you think it would be what you need, I will find one similar.

Let me know what you think about the components and the price!

HP Recommended

Nice specs but out of my price range. What's comparable but $800-$1,000 less.

HP Recommended

@Donivan1 

Here is a laptop that has the latest, greatest components: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-laptop-pc-15-eg0097nr

It is at the top of your price range, but it will be future proofed for a long time.  The processor was released Q3'20 and would sell for $426 if bought by a company like HP in 1,000 unit increments: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/208921/intel-core-i7-1165g7-processor-12m-cache...

The information in the link is provided by Intel for technical purposes.

It has 16 GB, DDR4-3200 MHz memory.  This is similar to the memory I am running in my gaming computer (see my Custom Build in my Signature below.).  It is very fast and stable.

If you haven't used a computer with a M.2, SSD, boot drive, you will be amazed at how it improves booting and moving between pages.  I won't ever have another computer without a Solid-State Drive (SSD) boot drive.

The 15" screen will be very nice for using in your teaching.  It will allow to open up to 4 windows without any problems.

This is just a short overview of what the laptop has to offer.  It would even allow you to game with your students if you are put in that situation! 😉  It is acceptable if you game a bit.  I am 75 yoa and have been gaming since I was in my 40's

If you have further questions, I will be glad to help.  I believe this Community is as much for teaching as it is for solving problems.  There is nothing that I enjoy more than helping members of the Community who are new to computers.

Good luck! And stay safe and healthy.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help and advice.

HP Recommended

@Donivan1 

You are very welcome!!

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.