Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
beats envy 23n010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a beats 23n010 touch screen all in one desktop. im an automotive designer/clay sculptor as well as aspiring content creator and i find it hard to run programs like photoshop, sketchbook pro, and screen recorder efficiently without the computer bogging down. i feel like upgrading my ram to a 16gb will resolve my issue. would someone be able to provide a link or info on the type of 16gb ram to get? or are there 2 slots to where i'll be able to just add one more 8gb ram card instead of buying a 16gb ram? thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I guess it wouldn't hurt to install another 8 GB memory, chip, but the weak point for graphics processing in your PC is the onboard Intel HD graphics adapter, so I doubt that upgrading the memory will be a huge improvement.

Here is the Crucial memory report for your PC.

You can buy the 8 GB chip (first one listed) and put it in the empty slot.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | envy 23 | ENVY 23-n010 All-in-One | Crucial.com

Below is the link to the service manual.

Upgrading and Servicing Guide (EMEA with shipping label) (hp.com)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I guess it wouldn't hurt to install another 8 GB memory, chip, but the weak point for graphics processing in your PC is the onboard Intel HD graphics adapter, so I doubt that upgrading the memory will be a huge improvement.

Here is the Crucial memory report for your PC.

You can buy the 8 GB chip (first one listed) and put it in the empty slot.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | envy 23 | ENVY 23-n010 All-in-One | Crucial.com

Below is the link to the service manual.

Upgrading and Servicing Guide (EMEA with shipping label) (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. I'll upgrade the ram just to be on the safe side. But I'll definitely look into upgrading the graphics adapter soon afterwards. Is there a link to buy and upgrade the graphics card?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, it would not be possible to upgrade the graphics adapter in that model.

HP Beats Special Edition 23-n010 All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Under the graphics spec is this note...

• Motherboard does not support discrete graphics

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.