Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-144nf
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have PC  HP Pavilion 550 with 1TB hard disk, i need to upgrade to SSD disk, 

My Question :

-Can i do this with this Model ?.

-If yes, wicth model of SSD disk is compatible with my Motherboard ?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can replace the 1 TB mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SATA SSD.

You would also need a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter so you can properly secure the smaller SSD in the drive bay.

You didn't mention what capacity SSD you want, but I recommend the Western Digital Blue 2.5" SATA SSD's in a storage capacity that fits your needs and budget.

Western Digital - WD Blue SSD - Disque SSD interne 2.5" SATA 500Go 3D NAND : Amazon.fr: Informatique

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

You can replace the 1 TB mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SATA SSD.

You would also need a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter so you can properly secure the smaller SSD in the drive bay.

Hi @Ahmed136   @Paul_Tikkanen 

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-550-100-desktop-pc-series/8499648/product-info

Check, but you might be able to keep the HDD, in addition to the SSD
the document suggests that you have two locations, and models in the list are indeed with two disks
Sorry, for this intervention @Paul_Tikkanen  but it can be useful to have both!

Have a good evening

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.