Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
p6710t
Linux

Hi, 
I have this 8 year old pc with  Foxconn H-l41-uATX mobo, upgraded to: Samsung SSD, E5800 CPU, 2x2GB RAM, Linux OS  installed (Xubuntu)
After searching for info for days or weeks, I found different, conflicting information, including HP support websites.
Some says max RAM 4GB, some says 8GB, depending on CPU type.
There is zero support from HP for my pc, like BIOS update, but there is one for different models with the very same mobo and chip set. For some guys it worked, for others it bricked the system.
Same with CPU info: some websites, including Intel, shows a compatible list of cpu's, including E8600, I tried it, didn't work.
How about Quad core? 95 Watts instead of 65? Makes me scared just thinking about it, but HP says it's compatible. Really? How?
I would like to get the max I can out of this old thing, is there anything that I can try?
Any suggestion, opinion, experience would help a lot! Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The processors on the configuration list are those with HP part numbers.

See the parts list or processors at HP Partsurfer below this line. It is complete with HP part numbered processors.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?type=PROD&SearchText=XX202AV

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!

I installed 2x2 GB A-Tech DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600 Non-ECC Unbuffered DIMM 240-Pin 1Rx8 1.5V ,

it works with E5800 CPU, but does not work with E6700. It beeps, 1 short, 1 long , indicating memory problems(?)

Both processors listed on the parts-list. Do I need BIOS update? Cannot find any info on that.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I actually mean the processors that are sold as HP processors, not just the Intel designation.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.