Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
desktop-8TD4KD8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

wish to upgrade my existing hard drive to a SSD . Which ssd to use that will work . Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

and for a laptop:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support
Give the full version of windows
for windows 10 type winver in the search box

try scan :

Welcome to Crucial USA

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Power desktop 580-027c /Model HWP3325

HP Recommended

follow the advice with the given site
Open the computer and check, it may be possible to add the SSD in addition to the HDD, you must have at least one free sata connector
If there is a slot available, you can try a SATA SSD
I bought an mx 500 for another model than yours, it is very good
Otherwise you are free to buy another brand, model of course.

[edit] @LCP47  @movic 

don't use this no, it's probably not HP here

@LCP47 

you are not the author of this thread?
I hadn't been paying attention, please don't get stuck like that ..
We will probably separate the messages if this is the case.
So I would need the model of @movic  , to be able to answer you !

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have the SSD 2T as G driver. But I can`t used it as my C drive I change drives and it does not work it is saying to do the booting but usb stick but when I copy the first time the C: drive to the usb I believe the USB i purchased 128GB was Faulty because wen I tried to do the Booting it did not read the usb stick.  

HP Recommended

I don`t understand why HP change the way Desktops work before buying this Desktop I have 2 HP older models Compaq 6000

and compaq 8200 which I made it a gaming PC by adding a 500gb ssd and 4 gb Geforec MSI 1050Ti Low Pofile video card which by the way work flowless I play Fallout 4 144 FPS call of Duty at same. so I change it all my self I got this new gaming HP I cahnge the video card for the one I mention before and when it comes to the HHD to SSD it`s being a year I am still trying to change this. 

HP Recommended

@LCP47 

Aren't you the one who started the topic here ??

It is not you @movic 
you haven't changed your nickname in the meantime ??

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I apologized for not answering  yes I started the topic and I still have the HHD in my Pavilion and Can`t replace it with an SSD I made up my mind I am Buying a Custom PC and never again get an HP they are Cheap build and made to reap us up. 

HP Recommended

yes I am do you have a solution for this problem which is very annoying since HP start to do this I guess they want you to buy buy buy. 

HP Recommended

Get a Cruxial they work great and last get a 1TB or 2 TB

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.