cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Armaghan786
Level 1
16 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

upgrading to ssd

HP Recommended

I have a hp tg01-0000a gaming pc and was wondering what I need to upgrade to an ssd and how to upgrade

3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,499 9,142 2,950 11,184
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Armaghan786 , welcome to the Community.

Here are the Product Specifications for the computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000a/37874510/document/c069...

If you look at the section titled "Internal Storage" it states that you have a "512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD" already installed.  You can check the motherboard to make certain.  Here is the System Board viewer showing where it is located:

old_geekster_0-1614135225857.png

It is Item #22.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Armaghan786
Author
Level 1
16 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a problem first my m.2 port is by my graphics card and when trying to screw it in with my 2x3mm screw it did not go in

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,499 9,142 2,950 11,184
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Armaghan786 

You will have to remove the graphics card to allow you to install the M.2.  This is not uncommon with this placement of it.  Personally, I would like to see the socket in a different place.  It must not be possible.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation