Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a p7-1447c and am trying to figure out where the graphics card is as there is none in the slot.  Is it on the motherboard?

I was trying to upgrade with an evga GEOFORCE GT 1030 but when i put the card in the slot and restarted the computer I had a dark screen.  I pulled the card out and it worked again.  I would like to replace the graphics card but cannot figure out how due to inability to figure out where HP has hidden it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The onboard graphics is automatically disabled when you install a video card.

Your PC may have too old of a BIOS to support that model card.

I see that the specs indicate it orginally came with W8.

You may just need to go into the BIOS. enable legacy mode and disable secure boot.

You need to do that anytime you install a video card not offered by HP for that model series.

See this link for the settings to change.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.