Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0026nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear,

i want a videocard for this PC: Pavilion 590-p0026nb. there is no extra power cable free from the power supply. so i need a videocard without a power cable. i need it for playing some games. is that possible?

thankz

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You can buy Y power cable splitter and then look for a graphics card with power cable if that is easier.

rBVaI1lDa-yAfF1ZAADQsJtWaqY252.jpg

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Low wattage video cards, like the NVidia Geforce GT 1030, do not need additional power cables and should work with your existing power supply. They are adequate for playing current games on low settings, or games a few years old on high settings.

HP Recommended

Yes, you can do it Mr. Valsimot is right you can go with him. If you are interested in games then you can also like funny group names that you use as your game squad. Find me on pubg as Rogerfedrer02

HP Recommended

I should add that your power supply unit is only 180w output. This will not be able to supply enough power to graphics cards with their own power supply. If you want to run higher end graphics cards like the GeForce 1050's or above, you would need to upgrade your power supply to something with at least 300 or 400w output. That may be difficult as sometimes the 180w PSU's are non-standard items designed to fit in compact cases. The simplest and cheapest solution would be a low wattage graphics card like the 1030 that does not need its own power supply, and can be found in a low-profile size to fit in compact or small form-factor cases.

HP Recommended

is it possible to use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti '? the HP Pavilion 595-p0033nb has also the same power supply (180W) and has the 1050tI videocard

HP Recommended

As I said in my post above, you would need a bigger PSU (around 300 - 400w minimum) and that may not be easy to upgrade as many HP PSU's are non-standard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.