Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen by HP Desktop PC 870-141
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, hoping to add an additional SSD without cloning/replacing my current my 250GB C drive SSD. My specs and storage info are below. Can you tell me what specific kinds of SSDs I could add in to my desktop case without replacing what I already have? Want to add in SSD of like 500gb or maybe 1tb that I can use for video editing. Is there space/compatibility in my desktop case for an NMVe, PCIe or just regular Sata SSD, or all of the above? Would my desktop case have an extra space plus compatibility for all of these options? Any amazon links to specific models options would be great! Thank you very much for any input!

Annotation 2019-05-18 104038.pngAnnotation 2019-05-18 104159.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JDfromTN 

Its motherboard

Thimphu motherboard top view

You should be able to ADD a 2.5" SATA SSD to your machine but mounting it to the case could be a bit tricky. Its specs does not say anything about spare bay on its Chasiss therefore this is a DIY job.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your input, BH! Do you think this product would work and that I should be fine with the mounting bracket sold with it?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Inch-Internal-MZ-76E1T0B-AM/dp/B07RJGB4C3?th=1

Regards,

JD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.