cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

what kind of RAM do I need for upgrade

HP Recommended
HP Elite 8200 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer currently has 2GB of RAM.  I only use it for internet browsing, Word, Excel  and photo editing. 

Is it worth upgrading it to 4GB? Will that make it noticeably faster? What is the precise type of RAM I should buy?

Thanks for any help

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,187 10,183 958 2,788
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HERE IS THE MANUAL for that model.  On page 79 of that manual it starts the information on Memory.  2GB of memory  for Windows 10 is somewhat light.  2GB of RAM is minimum for Windows 10 64Bit.  One thing to note, the system will run faster and smoother if the RAM is matching pairs and in the correct DIMM slots when adding RAM.  Check that info and more in the manual.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
many thanks ... that's really useful
.. can u recommend a supplier?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,187 10,183 958 2,788
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you use the Crucial Memory site and run the Crucial System Scanner or use the Crucial Advisor tool there, it will advise what to buy and "Using either tool guarantees compatibility when you order on Crucial.com"

Kingston and Corsair may do something similar OR you can use the HP part numbers in the manual .

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Kingston offer a similar tool which interestingly proposes a 1600 or 1300 MHz version whereas the computer manual specifically excludes 1600 MHz ... so I have ordered the 1300MHz one. The whole area is a minefield. . thanks again for helping me navigate safely through it
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation