Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite 8200 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer currently has 2GB of RAM.  I only use it for internet browsing, Word, Excel  and photo editing. 

Is it worth upgrading it to 4GB? Will that make it noticeably faster? What is the precise type of RAM I should buy?

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HERE IS THE MANUAL for that model.  On page 79 of that manual it starts the information on Memory.  2GB of memory  for Windows 10 is somewhat light.  2GB of RAM is minimum for Windows 10 64Bit.  One thing to note, the system will run faster and smoother if the RAM is matching pairs and in the correct DIMM slots when adding RAM.  Check that info and more in the manual.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HERE IS THE MANUAL for that model.  On page 79 of that manual it starts the information on Memory.  2GB of memory  for Windows 10 is somewhat light.  2GB of RAM is minimum for Windows 10 64Bit.  One thing to note, the system will run faster and smoother if the RAM is matching pairs and in the correct DIMM slots when adding RAM.  Check that info and more in the manual.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
many thanks ... that's really useful
.. can u recommend a supplier?
HP Recommended

If you use the Crucial Memory site and run the Crucial System Scanner or use the Crucial Advisor tool there, it will advise what to buy and "Using either tool guarantees compatibility when you order on Crucial.com"

Kingston and Corsair may do something similar OR you can use the HP part numbers in the manual .

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Kingston offer a similar tool which interestingly proposes a 1600 or 1300 MHz version whereas the computer manual specifically excludes 1600 MHz ... so I have ordered the 1300MHz one. The whole area is a minefield. . thanks again for helping me navigate safely through it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.