Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a (2Z6C8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello when I purchased this pc HP TP01-2000na

from curry's it clearly  stated 2 M.2 expansion slots ? Two M.2 expansion slots

One M.2 socket 1, Key A and One M.2 socket 3, Key M, (2280/2242)

I am not that technical  but I would assume  I could add another ssd?

now being told by HP this is not possible, just like the curry's  advert,

the girl showing the pc off and I quote "just pop in a graphics card and you are good to game"

unquote ! so what are these expansion slots for? where are they? again no joy from HP

I have an old dell i5 OptiPlex pc better than this junk  I have purchased, NEVER WILL I BUY ANY HP PRODUCT AGAIN !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@steveblue10,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

The manual clearly states that the Erica6 motherboard comes with one M.2 socket 1, Key A -that is for a WiFi card and one M.2 socket 3, Key M for an M.2 NVMe SSD card.

In addition, I count three (3) SATA data ports (SATA 0, SATA 1, SATA 2) on this motherboard, meaning, you could in addition to the M.2 NVMe SSD card, add three additional drives (scrapping the optical drive) if you so please.

NonSequitur777_3-1669734052123.png

NonSequitur777_1-1669733977805.png

Not sure what you are confused about.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@steveblue10,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

The manual clearly states that the Erica6 motherboard comes with one M.2 socket 1, Key A -that is for a WiFi card and one M.2 socket 3, Key M for an M.2 NVMe SSD card.

In addition, I count three (3) SATA data ports (SATA 0, SATA 1, SATA 2) on this motherboard, meaning, you could in addition to the M.2 NVMe SSD card, add three additional drives (scrapping the optical drive) if you so please.

NonSequitur777_3-1669734052123.png

NonSequitur777_1-1669733977805.png

Not sure what you are confused about.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@steveblue10,

Now, as a fellow-user (I do not represent HP) I have to admit that, and I quote: " just like the curry's advert, the girl showing the pc off and I quote "just pop in a graphics card and you are good to game" ", is definitely not a true statement.  Saying it nicely.  Mind you, the Curry's representative likely had no clue whatsoever what she was talking about, and HP cannot be blamed for that.

According to: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c07681140, the HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2000na PC has been fitted with a 180-watt power supply, which for all intents and purposes cannot power any remotely decent discrete graphics card.

However, according to: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model..., there is a 400-watt power supply upgrade available (HP p/n: L04618-800), which has one 6+2-pin PCIe power cable, and then you could "pop in" an HP-branded GTX 1660 Super, that would allow you to play PC games at a decent framerate and graphics settings. An HP L04618-800 power supply can be purchased online, such as through eBay.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thankyou for your help

when you are not tech savvy

you feel a bit stupid asking questions,

if I could ask another ? so can I buy a sata ssd and just put it in the slots you showed on your diagram?

and take out the hdd the reason I ask is that the os is on the m.2 ssd and hp diagnostics keeps saying critical error with hdd

but there is nothing on there , I ran scans with help from the Web they all come back hdd working properly  and healthy?

one last thing I saw a youtube video which said I don't need cables to add a ssd is that correct?

I am sorry for asking so many questions and really appreciate  your time and effort when replying

I am sorry to say but HP support is rubbish without people like you, would have binned this pc even though only had it 12 months and cost £699 thanks in anticipation  of your reply take care

HP Recommended

@steveblue10,

From what you talked about, my understanding is that your HP TP01-2000na has two drives, a motherboard-fitted M.2 NVMe SSD as your primary (boot) drive, and a secondary HDD -correct?

If you are looking to replace the HDD for a SATA SSD, that should be an easy exercise.  Depending on the size of the HDD -either a full-size 3.5-inch drive, or the smaller 2.5-inch version:

NonSequitur777_0-1669821602671.png

If your HDD has the smaller 2.5-inch format, then swapping it out with a 2.5-inch SATA SSD is a breeze -power down your PC, disconnect power, open up your desktop, unplug the SATA power and SATA data cables from the old HDD, unscrew the HDD, and replace with the new SSD.

If you are replacing a large 3.5-inch HHD with the smaller 2.5-inch SATA SSD, you may have to get an SSD drive adapter/mounting bracket such as this one: Amazon.com: ORICO 2.5 SSD SATA to 3.5 Hard Drive Adapter Internal Drive Bay Converter Mounting Brack..., however, many desktops have mounting (screw) options on their internal drive bay, so you may not need a mounting adapter.

Here is a YouTube video that should be pretty close to your own desktop, where the gentleman does a pretty good job going through drive swapping/adding and such: HP Pavilion Desktop TP01 1030 Tear Down Disassemble Upgrade HD - YouTube.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thankyou so much for the reply

its the larger drive I will be changing

you explained it perfectly

take care and once again many thanks

HP Recommended

@steveblue10,

Glad I could assist -any time.

Good luck!

Kindly,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.