Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy desktop - te01-1287cb
Microsoft Windows XP

hello I need your guys help!!! I have hp envy desktop - te01-1287cb with the intel i7 10700 cpu  and I want to upgrade the power supply so I can add a gpu. can you guys tell me if this power supply will work or if not can you guys let me know which one to buy. this is the one I was told is the highest watts 500W (L05757-800)?  please help 
they said I can only use hp power supply because of the connectors? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I would take your computer to a small "owner/operator" computer store, and let that person view the power-connector on the motherboard, and then sell you a power-supply that is compatible, and will power-up the computer, to show that it is the correct power-supply. 

Doing it this way supports your local (COVID-affected) business, and gives you an immediate solution, and probably "free installation" of the new power-supply. All are good things!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response but that didn't answer my question I just wanna make sure it fits I know how to connect it I know what connectors go where I just wanted to make sure it was the correct one because I read it in another form.  And I am one of those struggling small businesses affected during covid kapture photography.  Thanks for your time and if you could answer my question with the correct information that would be very appreciative other than that have a great day and stay safe

HP Recommended

The only way to be 100% sure that you have correct information is to actually try it, after getting a "no questions money back" guarantee from the seller of the new power-supply, as you would get from that owner/operator of the computer store.

Is there any small business that is NOT affected by COVID?  Maybe, it is only the manufacturers of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) who are not struggling.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.