Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can't find Bios version 8 to download

HP Recommended

Hi,

Where did you look?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

If you are using HP vision  Hardware diagnostics you cant't find it. Because you are using windows 7 and this  8  version bios is for windows 8. 

You must download it from hp sites link

Then click Go and select windows 8

there is bios version 8.17 Rev. A 

There is also installation instructions

It is not latest but in version 8.20 description is tex:t NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled

NOTE: You update this bios at your own risk!!!! 

risk  is that these bioses work only with windows 8

Still gtx 1050 can require windows 8 or 10 for full support of UEFI bios.  ???

Maybe is programs to backup old bios?

HP Recommended
Thank you everybody, I'm going to find another card which is compatible to my mother board (old one) . I don't like risks, let you know if works
HP Recommended

@Jax77

HP Vision Diagnostics has nothing to do with finding BIOS updates that are posted on the support server.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

EVGA Ge Force GT 610 Graphics card 2GB DDR3 memory, works with my mother board, now I can use without problem my Photoshop cc 2017 3D editing. thank you for your advices

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.