Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 700-210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI, i have a HP 700-210, its a bit old now, but runs well I would like to use it for gaming and get a dedicated GPU instead of using the integrated GPU currently. I found a MSI Armor Radeon RX570 4GB OC Graphics Card, that i think would work. Before i purchase it i've been doing research on the performance and i still dont know if my current system can handle the GPU. Any suggestions or advice would be great.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dneezy76, welcome to the forum.

If this is the video card that you want to buy, the first thing that you will have to do is upgrade the power supply unit (PSU) to one with at least 550W and an 8-pin power connector.  You can find this information in the "Specifications" tab in the link that I provided.  Also, you should measure from the Back I/O ports to the front of the case to assure that the card will fit into the space provided.  It is 9.69" in length and is dual slot (This means that it will cover one of the PCIe x1 slots; most likely).  If it does fit, it will be extremely tight.

Note: The video card is PCI Express 3.0 x16 (Gen. 3).  The slot on the motherboard is PCI Express x16 (Gen. 2 speed).  This means that you won't get the full benefit of the card, but would still see a good system performance boost.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.