I tried to download the latest Windows update ,but it always gets an Error... How do i fix this ?
Windows Update is a set of built-in components which can check and install updates to your operating system, ensuring it stays up to date. The updates can be security, critical, non-critical, recommended and/or feature updates/upgrades.
Ensure your computer has enough free disk space (for regular security or non-feature updates, ensure at least 1 GB free disk space
For feature upgrades - ensure a couple of free GBs available
If using a 3rd party security products (Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro, Avast, etc.) - temporary disable or uninstall them (antivirus/firewalls/encryption software etc...)
This Microsoft utility can automatically find errors and can perform fixes for common Windows Update problems
2. Try manually resetting some components
# Manually reset the Windows Updates Components once again and then reinitiate the Windows Update process.
Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates quickly. Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components:
- Click on Start button and search for services.msc
- Open it
- Check the list with Windows services. Find these: ~Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) ~Cryptographic ~MSI Installer ~Windows Update
Right click each of them and choose to STOP the service.Confirm if any pop-up message appears.
- Minimize the services.msc window
- Rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing opening This PC (Windows Explorer) and going to
Right click on the respective folder, choose to rename the folder to something like with _old extension,like
3. Click on the Windows Start button. Choose to *RESTART* the entire computer. No shutdown and back start *but* complete restart
4. After restarting the computer, ensure the security products are off, and try again to install the Windows Updates.