Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 Windows Update is continually failing with the following message.

• HP - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Officejet Pro 6830 - Error 0x80070490

This has now happened on 2 completely different PC's that use My Printer.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Try running a System File Checker, the try the update again, read carefully before trying SFC.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and...

HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 6830 - Error 0x80070490

HP Recommended

I have tried all these. 

I cannot get DISM to find the source files, either through Windows Update or from an Install Disk (the RDM version from the Microsoft released ISO).

I recently tried a Windows Reset from the DVD & am now left with an unbootable HDD (INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE).

Windows 10 looks half baked !!!

HP Recommended

Same problem.  I installed the new software from the HP support website, hoping the HP updates will go away in Windows 10.  No luck.

Printer is working fine.

Are these updates mandatory? If not how can I remove them from the Windows update list?

HP Recommended

I've gotten the same error on all 4 of my systems! We need a response from HP!

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem HP - Other hardware, Printer - Null Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8630 - Error 0x80070490

HP Recommended

depending on your previous OS you can try the windows 8.1 driver software update and download

if it is avaliable and hope that will work for your windows 10

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

SOLVED !!!

Take a look at the following :-

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-Drivers/Error-0x8024200b/td-p/5176900

Didn't work varbatim but put Me on the right track.  Here what I did.

From Settings, search for "Device Manager".  Under Printers I had 2 "Unidentified Printers".  I Right Clicked & uninstalled both.

Run Windows Update again & failed update had gone, however I was unable to print anymore.

Back to Settings Initial Window & select Devices, then Printers & Scanners.  I removed all entries for HP Printers, Fax etc.

I then selected "Add a printer or scanner" from the top of the Printers & Scanners Menu.  It searched & found My Officejet Pro 6830.

I then double clicked the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Icon on My Desktop & it installed the Printer again.

All now working & no more failed Windows Updates 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks. That worked like a charm!

I still have one lingering HP issue. Have you ever encountered this error message upon startup? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/HPStatusBL-dll-module-could-not-be-fou...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.