Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All in one CN583A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot find an answer to this particular sequence of beep codes. All in one is about five months old. After the series of 3 long 4 short beeps occurs five times, the PC boots to the desktop.

Any suggestions? The PC is under warranty, but it would be nice if there was a simple fix first.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Pulling out the wireless keyboard/mouse USB adapter and booting back up without it did the trick. When I plugged the adapter into a different USB port, and rebooted, no beeps. Suggested to client she replace both keyboard/mouse just to be sure.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi there @huntsk,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.  I understand that your computer is not starting properly and there is a repeating beep pattern. I am happy to help with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  The model number you included in your post is coming up as a printer. 

I would suggest checking out these to see if you find anything, that helps:

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8)

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The model is: M9Z62AA (all in one).

I have already tried to find these particular beep patterns from the links you indicated. Also, after the 3 long/ 4 short series repeated 5 times, the PC boots normally to the desktop.

HP Recommended
Pulling out the wireless keyboard/mouse USB adapter and booting back up without it did the trick. When I plugged the adapter into a different USB port, and rebooted, no beeps. Suggested to client she replace both keyboard/mouse just to be sure.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the feedback, and I am happy to hear it is resolved.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi i had the same issue, 

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q114

I updated the bios,  but not helping. 

And the keyboard/mouse USB adapter was never been plugged to the system.

HP Recommended

Hi there @akhil-compu

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion 23-q114 Touch Smart All-in-One and not booting properly.

I would suggest you follow these steps:

Step 1:  Performing a power reset if your computer does not start

Step 2: Testing computer memory for troubleshooting

Please find the link below which will guide you further

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

Please let me know how it works.

Thanks Biswajeet

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Pulling out the wireless keyboard/mouse USB adapter and booting back up without it would have definately did the trick.

HP Recommended

power issue check the power supply or adapter.

HP Recommended

I had a simular Issue with the Hp Pro desk mini PC turns out it was a bad power supply I replaced the power dupply and it worked Like a charm.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.