Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PAVILION P6714IT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Salve a tutti

purtroppo devo cambiare il mio hard disk perchè ormai è arrivato. Vorrei mettere un hard disk ssd, ma ho provato ad entrare nel bios per cambiare l'ordine di avvio e dirgli di partire da usb per caricare il sistema operativo da una pen drive sul nuovo hard disk, ma nulla. Ho provato in tutti i modi. Il mio bios non ha nessuna voce inerente alla sicurezza e quindi non posso disabilittare UFI. La versione del bios è 6.14. Ho provato anche da windows, dal menu di ripristino, opzioni avanzate, ma anche li niente, non si parla di UFI e cosi quando entro nel bios non riesco a trovare la pen drive, mi da solo 4 voci (il disco, il floppy, il dvd e la rete) e non mi fa aggiungere altro. Grazie a chiunque riesca ad aiutarmi.

Michael

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Gemeinschaft
Spanish: HP Comunidad
French: HP Communauté
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区
Korean: HP 커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

HP Recommended

hi. ok. thank you.

Hello everyone

unfortunately I have to change my hard disk because it has now arrived. I would like to put an ssd hard disk, but I tried to enter the bios to change the boot order and tell it to start from usb to load the operating system from a pen drive on the new hard disk, but nothing. I tried all the ways. My bios has no security entry and therefore I cannot disable UFI. The bios version is 6.14. I tried also from windows, from the recovery menu, advanced options, but also nothing, no mention of UFI and so when I enter the bios I can't find the pen drive, it gives me only 4 entries (the disk, the floppy, the dvd and the net) and it doesn't let me add anything else. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

HP Recommended

@MICHAEL781
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did you install the os on the SSD?
  • Have you tried booting from SSD only?

Try going into the BIOS, disable secure boot and enable legacy mode.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, it does not make me disable the protected mode, they entered the bios but there is no menu menu ufi or anything else that the protected face works.

thank you

HP Recommended

hi, I access the bios, but there is no menu that makes me remove the security blocks. I followed vati tutorials, but nothing of what I have seen so far appears in my bios.

thank you

HP Recommended

@MICHAEL781

Try installing the SSD first without HDD installed and then install the Windows operating system on an SSD. 

This should do the trick. 

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.