Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 700
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I (accidentally) scheduled for my OS drive's drivers to be uninstalled.  i checked their location, and they are basic windows drivers.  What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KingTiger101

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Considering what you've mentioned, I recommend you make use of the recovery media as it would provide an option to backup all your personal data/information and then reinstall the OS, which in turn will install all the software and drivers your computer needs to run:

CLICK HERE FOR STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@KingTiger101

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you've accidentally scheduled for OS HDD drivers to be uninstalled,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

What exactly do you mean by OS HDD Drivers? Are you able to use the computer or does it not boot into windows anymore?

If this is a specific software or driver you've removed, please Click here to recover it using the HP Recovery manager.

If this doesn't help, please help me understand your concern better by elaborating on the same, so that I can help you.

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am able to use the Pc, as I have not restarted yet. When I say OS HDD drivers, I mean the drivers for my main hard drive.

HP Recommended

My product number is F3F07AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Also, I cant reinstall the drivers with Recovery Manager, as they have not been uninstalled yet, and once they are, i don't think Windows will even boot.

HP Recommended

Or should I let them be uninstalled and use a seperate usb recovery media I already have to run Microsoft starttup repair.

HP Recommended

OK, last idea. Maybe I could use a WinPE disk and run Windows Resource Protection from the Command Prompt and use that to reinstall the Hard Drive drivers.

HP Recommended

@KingTiger101

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Considering what you've mentioned, I recommend you make use of the recovery media as it would provide an option to backup all your personal data/information and then reinstall the OS, which in turn will install all the software and drivers your computer needs to run:

CLICK HERE FOR STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.