Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-427c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently performed Microsoft Windows 10 Home update.  Just like past updates HP Envy 750-427C  failed to boot.  Tried every HP boot option, all failed.  I believe it's the HP software.  This has happened almost everytime I performed a Windows 10 update.  Even when I created a restore point the system would not reboot.   Latest message is Blue screen with message from Automatic Repair saying ' Your PC did not start correctly'  that was after trying a restore point created directly from Windows 10 before the up date!  In past I had to do a reset to get the system back only for it to happen again for the next update.  It's not like you can turn off the updates in 10 home.  You can only pause them.      Each time you do a reset you lose the programs you had.  I have lost many programs and subscriptions thanks to HP and their Boot software.  Lets  not forget they do not give you any restore media either!   Just a partition that only works when you reset not when you need to recover!  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@gmdsr117 

In terms of your last comment -- HP could not possibly do this!  If what you're asking for is a way, presuming your PC crashed today, to recover it to where it was yesterday -- the ONLY way to do that is to have a complete image backup from yesterday stored on an external drive.  HP can not possibly do that for you, so blaming HP is useless.  You would have to create such a backup yourself and if you indeed wanted a daily recovery feature, you would have to do such a backup every day.

The HP function is a factory reset -- and that restores the PC to its original state -- and that's all it is designed to do.

When you say is it not booting, you need to tell us what you are seeing when you try to boot it.  We might be able to provide some workarounds, depending on what is being shown.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for your help.  However your misguided here.

1.  There was a time when restore media/install  media was provided, think CD, DVD, USB etc.

Maybe your too young to know.

2 I did provide the message.  I think you missed it.  Reread post please.

3. I have a 14T and 5T external usb drives attached and the even when directed there still will not reboot,

HP software will not go there to reboot.

4.  Yes you can have an almost identical mirror if you are only restoring the operating system.  Any changes very recently made will not be reflected unless your mirroring your system.   

5.  Yes it is the hp software because it only happens with my HP system not my others and only with up dates.

6.  From my research there have been a lot of complaints about this very same issue.

7. If you don't have anything positive to add please don't post. 

Regards...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.