Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\aksfridge and find the Start value.

If the value is set to 2, change it to 4. Reboot and retry the upgrade.

And update from 1909 to 2004 OK.

HP Recommended

@EnoSat

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out and thanks for the updates

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message any time you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, so I did reload Windows, and that seemed to work out okay, kind of.  Here's something that I do not like.  When setting up Windows, it had a statement on there saying if I store everything on the cloud, I can access it from anywhere.  I do not know if I could have opted out of this, but I did not.  

In fact, I do NOT want to store everything to the cloud.  So I went into Settings after it booted up, and switched everything to my hard drive for storage.  However, when I click off that page and back on, it has not saved my choices.  Do I have to reset Windows again to get this to change?

HP Recommended

Hi there, I have an HP All-In-One and I have a similar problem. My computer forces updates on me and when I get it back Zoom and Skype have disappeared, my background is just blue and all my documents are gone unless I saved them in Onedrive which I now have to do. So, why is this happening? Three times last month my computer forced an update on me. I can't ever turn it off, and even if I don't it has updated while in sleep mode before. So I wake up and have to re-download everything again. I have no access to customer support, there is no phone number I can see, how do I stop this from happening? I do not want to have to perform some system reset 3 times a month minimum, that is just as inconvenient as re-downloading programs. Please help!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I have a HP 22-c0014na. I supposed to work from home I have no access to a computer tried to purchase a laptop for PC world on 17/3 due to the lockdown I can't go into the store to collect and they can't deliver it either.

What to I do guys any suggestions.

HP Recommended

Hello,

All suggested fix solutions failed. I have ran Diagnostic on all hardware HD, Memory ect. All pass. 

I also turned off fast boot, turned on legacy boot, attempts to boot from usb flash drive with windows 10 ISO fail. I tried with all USB ports. I also tried removing the CMOS battery, wait over night replace battery and attempted the winre with no luck. The flash drive Windows 10 ISO will work on a laptop I have. So I'm pretty confident that the downloaded ISO I got from MS works. I down loaded some drivers and tools from HP website but they will not work unless I can get winre to launch. I also tried both boot options UEFI:SanDisk and the Legacy boot source SanDisk. All stops at the HP blue screen with the dotted circle frozen. 

Any other solutions you can suggest as I can't boot from the ISO flash stick.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.