cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Octorog
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

After replacing black cartridge, won't print. Just says manual feed, plain, A4, press (OK) to conti

HP Recommended
Colour Laserjet Pro M252dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Have never had any trouble with this printer, and have changed all the cartridges once.  But this time only changed black cartridge, and now on the print command this message about manual feed appears, but nothing happens when you press (OK) to continue.

2 REPLIES 2
itsmyname
Level 8
1,988 1,975 74 208
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Octorog -- does your printer have BOTH the normal sheet-feeder input, and a separate "bypass" tray, for manually inserting envelopes (or different weight/colour of paper, or for a single envelope?

Open and close the door that covers that "bypass" tray, and then try to print.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Octorog
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, my printer does have a single sheet tray which it calls Tray 1, which it picks up from first by default if something is there.  The main paper tray, which it calls Tray 2, is the only one I have ever used.  (Until now, of course, trying to get this sorted!)  If I slide Tray 2 out of the machine completely, I can press gently down on the end of Tray 1.  It drops down, and then can be completely removed.  I have done this several times but the problem still remains!  The printer now ignores Tray 2, always goes to Tray 1, and complains if nothing is there.  If I push a sheet in, and press (OK) in the display, it prints it. In Setup I cannot find anyway to change this!  But this is the first time I have tried a non-HP cartridge!  I strongly suspect skullduggery!  I would welcome further help please.  Kind regards, Octorog.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation