Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All-in-one 20-c020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All-in-one HP 20-c020 will not wake after sleep mode.

No changes were made to system and system is up to date with Windows updates and HP updates.

Virtual assistant didn't help.

Advanced troubleshooting virtual assistant wanted to change the BIOS.  Thought I'd ask the community, first.

Thank you!

Mario

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, what changes exactly your troubleshooting assistant has said you need to make?? 

If your computer work normally, but just can't power up after sleep, it is maybe just a driver problem.. What happens when you try to wake up?? 

And can I know what is your graphic card?? For this please right click on "computer" and clic to "manage". In left go to "devices manager" and duplicate clic on "graphics cards" section to see inside. And tell me all your cards. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Hello Fanordi,

Thank you for replying.

The troubleshooting assistant had me check for new updates on Windows Updates, then on the HP site through HP Support Assistant.  Then, it wanted to do an advance troubleshooting by updating the BIOS.  Didn't do the latter.

When I try to wake up the computer, nothing happens.  It remains as a blank, black screen.

From the looks of it, my graphics card is an AMD Radeon R2 Graphics with a driver date of 05/24/2018 and driver version of 23.20.15038.0.

Mario

HP Recommended

You can try to reinstall your graphic driver here: Download

And if no work better, right clic on your graphic card in the device manager to "uninstall the device". Select if possible to delete all your driver, "OK" and restart your PC. 

If never better, you can install here the last version of HP Support Assistant for try to update your BIOS (or other drivers if available): 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95226.exe

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help, Fanordi.

I will try your suggestions and let you know.

Mario

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.