cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hemaro
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

All in one PC died. Was purchased in May/2018. Can not connect with the right representative.

HP Recommended
HP 20 All on one PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I was using pc as usual.
Then it became extremely slow, then the screen froze and crashed and subsequently died.
I am covered because pc is 3 months old and that is what all customer service people have told me but none of them tell me how to proceed.
I purchased all protection plans availablle for this pc.

Can anyone relate or can give me an idea for a solution of my situation?
Thanks!!!
3 REPLIES 3
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> 1. I am covered because pc is 3 months old

> 2. that is what all customer service people have told me

> 3. but none of them tell me how to proceed.
> 4. I purchased all protection plans available for this pc.

1. Yes, the HP Warranty covers repair/replacement of your computer.

2. Who is their employer? A "big-box" consumer electronics store?  HP?

3. Sigh.  Bad training by their employer.

4. Purchased from the retail store, or purchased from HP?

Sometimes, the "protection plan" adds additional year(s) of coverage, after the HP warranty expires.

So, return to the retail store, to make a claim against that plan.

Or, scroll-down on this web-page, to see the "Contact HP" hyperlink.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Hemaro
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I bought mi HP all in one at Walmart and they told me that at this moment the warranty is with HP.
After contacting finally a HP rep. We made the diagnostic by phone and it resulted that the unit required the factory settings discs or pen drive.
So I purchased the recovery kit in pen drive form via a HP representative.
I received it, read all the instructions but never worked. I tried to recover the pc but nothing happened. It did not work at all.
I think this hp pc was defective from the begining.
Now I dont know who is handling my warranty.
This computer is for home use and I can not explain why this computer just lasted 3 months.
This is just incredible
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I dont want to lose my trust in HP products.
Thanks...
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hemaro wrote:
1. I bought my HP all in one at Walmart and they told me that at this moment the warranty is with HP.
2. After contacting finally a HP rep. We made the diagnostic by phone and it resulted that the unit required the factory settings discs or pen drive. So I purchased the recovery kit in pen drive form via a HP representative.
3. I received it, read all the instructions but never worked. I tried to recover the pc but nothing happened. It did not work at all.
4. I think this hp pc was defective from the beginning.
5. Now I don't know who is handling my warranty.
6. I can not explain why this computer just lasted 3 months.

1. Presumably, Walmart offers a "short-term" warranty, whle HP's warranty lasts a full year.

2. That's one possible remedy. If the "System Recovery" hidden partition on your disk-drive does not work, then getting a "fresh" copy of the "System Recovery Set" is a reasonable option.

3. Please explain why "never worked" means. Did you boot from the USB memory-stick? Did it start to reload Windows? Did it completely reload Windows?

4. Did the HP Support person help you run the HP Hardware Diagnostics?

5. It still is HP.  Contact them, again, and get more assistance.

6. Nor can I.  That HP Hardware Diagnostics should have tested the RAM, the motherboard, and the disk-drive -- the "usual suspects" that are most likely to fail.

I would try swapping-in a different disk-drive, and then booting from the USB memory-stick, to see if a different disk-drive makes a difference.

More details, please.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation