Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
750-170se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just realized that 5 BIOS updates have not been presented to me through the HP assistant. My BIOS is from 2016. I want to install the 2018 version. I went to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series....

I hit download, it gives me sp87681.exe, it runs, but after I accept I do not get the option to update. It just closes. I'm stuck. Please help. The version I am trying to get is A0.17 Rev.A THANK YOU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
you don't just have to look at the date.
there are several download, but not all are for your motherboard
you must have :

motherboard specifications, Thimphu

• HP/Compaq name: Thimphu
  • SSID: 2B4B

( check , if it s ok )

the ssid is what must be taken into account, the update is therefore:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646...

be careful, this is not without risk!
I advise you to update the bios, only if you have a problem referenced as being resolved with!
Or if this is a very important update!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
you don't just have to look at the date.
there are several download, but not all are for your motherboard
you must have :

motherboard specifications, Thimphu

• HP/Compaq name: Thimphu
  • SSID: 2B4B

( check , if it s ok )

the ssid is what must be taken into account, the update is therefore:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646...

be careful, this is not without risk!
I advise you to update the bios, only if you have a problem referenced as being resolved with!
Or if this is a very important update!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. That was so helpful. I was looking to download a newer version to see if it would help with all my crashes. My pc crashes weekly. I see in the download there are multiple applications. which one do I run?  setup, thia0595e, thia059L, ecfw?

HP Recommended

I do not understand your question, are you talking about the bios file ??
Just follow the directions, normally this should be automatic, is it not?
That said, if you have a particular problem, I advise you to end this topic by validating the answer.
And open another thread, highlighting exactly what your problems are!
If you update the bios, and it crashes, the pc may not restart !!

Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon to download the update to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.

Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.