Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PAvilion 27 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi . 

PC was working fine - made a slight adjustment pc position to access HDMI port. 

Now screen is powered on but black . 

Normal power off  unplug reset does nothing . 

PC functions normally via external screen 

Touch screen works on all in one monitor and cursor is seen to move on the external model 

adjustment of brightness can be seen on the black screen - but only just 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MCGOVERN1981

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Let's check whether your computer display is stuck in extend or duplicate mode.

1. Right-click anywhere on the desktop when it's connected to an external monitor, and then click Display settings (Windows 10)

2. Make sure the correct number of monitors displays.

Windows 10

3. Scroll down to Multiple displays, if necessary, click the drop-down menu, and then select a display option.

To set up a wireless monitor, click Connect to a wireless display.

If you cannot change the display options, go to the section to Configure the display with the graphics driver.

4. Adjust the screen resolution and orientation, as necessary.

5. Extended desktop only: Match the monitors on the display to how they are physically positioned. To identify the monitors, click Identify. Numbers display on the monitors to help you arrange them.

6. Windows 10: Click Keep changes, if necessary, to save the new display settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo ,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  tried your fix to no avail unfortunately. It looks like its a hardware failure and luck for me its 20 days still inside its 12 month warranty!!  Imagine breaking down during LOCKDOWNS!!! 

The screen did come back for 10 minutes with some pressure on the bottom right of the unit.  but again got horizontal lines and died totally. 

all good though as the external screen works perfectly and the pc works as normal via the one screen.

All the best and thanks again for responding 

HP Recommended

@MCGOVERN1981

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.