Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M01-F1006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A couple of days ago every time I booted up my PC and it came up with a blue screen saying "your PC ran into a problem". I got into recovery mode and tried to reset Windows but after a while it said it couldn't reset. I didn't make a recovery point and it wouldn't boot into safe mode. My only option was to put in my Windows 10 installation DVD and the only option that gave me was to install a new Windows folder and rename the old one. That worked, but now I can't play any games because it says there's no OpenGL and I can't update my Graphics driver because everything I've tried to install results in an Error pop-up and the Graphic card is stuck on 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'

Is there a way to reset everything back to Factory settings? I tried to buy a HP Recovery Media Kit but it says there isn't one available for my PC

A few details:

Model number: M01-F1006na.

CPU and Memory:

Intel Core i510400 processor.

8GB RAM DDR4.

Graphics:

Shared graphics.

Intel UHD Graphics 630.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@John-Raygun 

Since your PC can not successfully do an internal factory reset, your ways to accomplish this are the following:
- Factory reset using external HP image you make
- Factory reset using external HP image you buy

Each of these is discussed in some detail below ...

---------- Factory reset using external HP image you make ----------
HP provides a Cloud Recovery tool that you can use, together with a 32GB USB stick, to create your on HP reset media.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

This works the same as the factory reset described above.

---------- Factory reset using external HP image you buy ----------
For those PCs not supported by the Cloud Recovery, in some cases, HP offers Recover Media for sale. This can not be downloaded; instead, it must be ordered from HP.

HP Recovery Media is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities.

In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.

You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Once there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click &quot;Update&quot;.<br><br>If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the &quot;+&quot; symbol to expand that entry and click on Order Media for details.

Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Support.

HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

If HP no longer carries the media you need, another site you should check for HP Recovery Media is: http://www.computersurgeons.com/

These work the same as the factory reset described above.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @John-Raygun 

See my knowledge base article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version.

Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel...Skylake,... - HP Support Community - 7185608

The only difference from my guidance in your case would be to click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter since the Intel HD graphics adapter is not installed.

Since your located in the UK, see if Best2Serve has the recovery media for your PC if you still want to go that route.

Buy HP Recovery Media? | Best2serve

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, unfortunately:

Cloud Recovery tool doesn't support my PC

Recovery Media doesn't support my PC

Computersurgeons doesn't support my PC

Best2serve doesn't support my PC

I tired installing the drivers manually with the zip file and it just said that it couldn't use the files.

Seems my next step is to contact HP directly

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm surprised and sorry that manually installing the Intel graphics drivers didn't work.

You can call HP customer service in the UK.  Call the number at the link below listed for Computing Products for Home.

Contact HP - Phone Assist | HP® United Kingdom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.