Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion slimline
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

error 0x807801D

ran error scan on backup external drive, none found

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Do you have existing Windows 7 backups on the external drive? Have you ever restored a backup from this drive?

Corrupted windows backup images on external media could cause this error.

Did you run a check disk on the operating system drive?

Check "Services" to verify "Volume Shadow Copy" is set to "manual". Also verify "Windows Backup" is set to "manual" and not running.

Temporarily disable third party security software while doing a backup. Remember to enable security after the backup process completes.

Windows 7 Backup is a good idea. Maybe you should look at alternative, free backup software such as Macrium Reflect (Link).

I have been using Macrium Reflect for years.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Do you have existing Windows 7 backups on the external drive? Have you ever restored a backup from this drive?

Corrupted windows backup images on external media could cause this error.

Did you run a check disk on the operating system drive?

Check "Services" to verify "Volume Shadow Copy" is set to "manual". Also verify "Windows Backup" is set to "manual" and not running.

Temporarily disable third party security software while doing a backup. Remember to enable security after the backup process completes.

Windows 7 Backup is a good idea. Maybe you should look at alternative, free backup software such as Macrium Reflect (Link).

I have been using Macrium Reflect for years.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you. I will continue checking and follow your advice.

HP Recommended

Hi Mikepat,

You're very welcome.

Hope you get this sorted out.

Try Macrium Reflect free. 

I think you may like Macrium once you get used to the software.

This software is good for offline images (full or differential) and cloning disks.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.